One World Week 2022
November 19th – 26th 2022
The relationship and connection that young people have to our globalised world.
Globalisation – The Youth and The Truth
One World Week is back, and this time we are taking on one of the biggest challenges with working with young people today: Globalisation.
What takes place in one part of the world can have massive ripples and repercussions in our village, in our towns, across Europe, and the Global South.
But this has come with a cost. A human cost and an environmental cost. We now stand at the crossroads of globalisation. On the one hand, we have suffering, inequality, and devastation, we know that inequality has increased under globalisation. On the other hand, we have human flourishing, new opportunities, and growth.
The decisions we make will determine which path we will take.
How well do young people understand their relationships and connections with global economics, culture, the environment, political forces, and technology that may determine the sustainable future of the planet.
How can we respond? How can we support young people with this global connection? Where do we begin?
One World Week Summit
One World Week Training
In the OWW online workshop you will:
- Gain an understanding of globalisation and how it relates to young people in society
- Explore the links between youth work and our understanding of the impacts and realities of globalisation
- Connect the lives of young people and the Sustainable Development Goals
- Understand new methodologies, skills, and knowledge in Global Youth Work and Development Education
Free Resources + Activity Plans
How well young people understand their relationship and connections with global economics, culture, the environment, political forces, and technology may determine the sustainable future of the planet.
This free resource pack includes:
- Ready to run activities, with step by step instructions
- Tools and templates to support your global youth work
- Knowledge sections on individual and collective action
- Support and guidance for young people and youth workers on their journey at an individual and group level
Contact our team
We would be delighted to hear from you to explore further involvement in One World Week or any other development education activity.
T: +353 1 425 5947